Compliance

EU compliance required text: "This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and to analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse." Visiting this site implies consent with EU cookie laws.

Self Portrait with Baby and Cat

 

Dad called me today and politely noted that the previous picture had been up for a little too long, and that it was high time I posted something new.

So here you are: a self portrait taken with my iMac Photo Booth accessory. I purposely used the gelled lense option because, well, none of us is getting any younger, right? Photo Booth is a fun toy...hours of entertainment for the whole family.

As you all can see I am not only holding our famous cat Mio (who had his picture in the paper twice in the last weeks) but I have quite a big belly. 8 months/35 weeks preggo I am! Baby could come any day now, theoretically. I'm working on finishing my teaching credential studies in concert with the upcoming birth, but of course baby is priority number 1,2 and 3. I'm nesting like crazy on top of all my research, practice teaching and essay writing, so our apartment is undergoing alterations, both big and small. It's all about organization and practicality, but with a sense personality and style.

Blogging may be spottier than usual with all this going on, but I'll do my best to keep fresh photos coming in the months ahead. But for now, ta ta!

8 comments:

Einar said...

Nice picture, the gelled lens option makes it look very artish, kind of like a painting...

Professor Batty said...

...congratulations! Best wishes for you and your expanding family

Graham Jones said...

Wow Maria...I had no idea. How wonderful for you. Many of my friends have had or are having babies this year. Take care....yay!

Hel said...

and welcome to earth little baby boy!

Fía Fender said...

óh já til hamingju fallega maría með strákinn þinn. kær kveðja. fía.

Mo'a said...

I just found your blog through Terry"s Timeout.
I have had a wonderful time reading your blogs and looking at your excelent photos. I have learned a great deal about my homeland through your blog. Now I am homesick ;) Good thing that I am going to Iceland in August.

cK said...

Really enjoying this blog and a number of others being written in Iceland. Part of me wants to go back to southern Sweden and Copenhagen and just write, but Reykjavik continues to grow on me by way of these blogs and some folks I know through online communities. At any rate, hey: Thanks for sharing your observations. They are appreciated.

Please write. (Baby wants you to!) We'll read.
-cK

Anonymous said...

Hi, You might not remember me but you were my teacher in 8th grade in Vikurskóli, don't know how I got here but anyway =D Congratulations to you and your family! I also just had a little sister a couple of months ago =D Well good luck in school and hope you find a good school to teach in the future =D Hope to see some pics of your little boy =D!
Bye

- Hildur